Lane houses some of the oldest cottages in the village.....A former
stonemason's house at no
11 Water Lane (formerly known as Stoneways) includes a piece of decorative
stonework dated 1863.
The black and white picture opposite shows Water Lane, viewed towards Church
Street with the pathway up to the church on the left. The little boy with the
scooter on the right is Bernard Beadsworth.
1887 OS Map records a limekiln on land off the end of